Mission Control for Project Managers
Welcome to Getting Started with Mission Control for Project Managers. This course is aimed at people who will be setting up and managing projects using Aprika’s Mission Control cloud-based project management system.
This course assumes that Mission Control has been purchased and installed in your Salesforce org “out-of-the-box” i.e. no further customizations have been made. All screenshots are taken in Lightning Experience.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe Mission Control and explain how to use it for project management.
- Explain whether to use contacts or users for roles, given a set of business needs.
- Explain how to create a role.
- Explain how to create teams and add members.
- Explain how to create projects, milestones, and actions.
- Explain which billing type to use, given a set of business needs.
- Explain how to set up billing and cost rates.
- Explain how to record and approve holidays.
- Explain the features of the scheduler.
- Explain how to manage the scheduler and actions.
- Explain how to log time against projects, milestones, and actions.
- Explain how to approve time logged against projects, milestones, and actions.
- Explain how to submit and approve expenses.
- Explain how to generate an invoice.
- Explain how to record an invoice payment.
- Explain how to archive a project.
- Explain how to use the Gantt Chart.
- Explain how to use the Whiteboard.
- Explain how to use the PMO Dashboard.
- Explain how to use the Role Utilisation Report.
Let us introduce ourselves
In this learning course, you will watch the professional services team from Aprika Creative use Mission Control to manage a website build project for their customer Grommets, Inc.
Aprika Creative Agency is a professional services consultancy based in Torquay on the Victorian Surf Coast in south-eastern Australia. Aprika Creative provides the best possible branding, websites, communications and thought leadership.
Their customer Grommets, Inc., is an up and coming surf brand. They focus on young surfers, running a surf academy and selling junior surf gear at their locations in Torquay, Margaret River, and Waikiki. Aprika Creative helped Grommets, Inc. create their brand when they started up five years ago, and now they need a website overhaul as they look to expand into three new locations over the next year.
|Layne Becker – Project Manager||Kelly Dunn – Web Designer||Tyler Lee – Brand Marketing Consultant|
Layne’s work as a project manager means she spends a large portion of her workday using Salesforce and Mission Control. For this course, we follow Layne through the process from start to finish; from creating a project to recording receipt of payment once the project is complete.
In Getting Started with Mission Control for Team Members, we follow Kelly and Tyler as they submit leave requests, timesheets, expenses and use Mission Control’s project management tools. If this sounds like a better match for your job responsibilities, why not head over to Getting Started with Mission Control for Team Members?
Let’s get started!
Click on a lesson below: